Two 17th century statues flanking the altar of the Scuola dei Carmini were conserved in 1998, whilst the confraternity itself restored the altar. In 2001 Venice in Peril joined with the Italian government to fund the restoration of the altar’s ceiling fresco by Sebastiano Ricci.
The rare surviving Veneto-Byzantine church of San Nicolo dei Mendicoli with its richly ornate interior, has been associated with Venice in Peril since 1972. After damaging flooding in 2019, a further project of flood defence is being funded by the Acqua Alta 2019 Appeal.
Between 1989-1996, projects in the church of San Zulian, included conservation of the facade, the high altar, the organ and the chapel of the Holy Sacrament with Girolamo Campagna’s Pieta
The two facades of Santa Maria Formosa were repaired with the participation of students on the ICCROM Stonework course, the canalside facade was done in 1994 and that overlooking the campo, in 1996.
The 18th-century tombstones of British ‘Ministers Resident’ in Venice were moved to the Catholic Cemetery on the Lido after the 1970s extension of the Lido Airport.
One of a group of altarpieces commissioned from GB Piazzetta for San Vidal. Conserved for the Royal Academy’s ‘Glory of Venice’ exhibition in 1994.
A small Renaissance church on the Zattere where VIP conserved the coffered painted ceiling containing 58 roundels with patriarchs, prophets and martyrs. The Magistrato alle Acque paid for the roof repairs and the Australian Committee for fresco conservation and the Pentecost altarpiece.
Dedicated to St Christopher whose statue, above the main door, was restored in an early partnership between Venice conservators and the V&A Museum.
Renaissance Altar with four kneeling angels by Tullio Lombardo in the church of San Martino
The crucifix dating to 1469 was conserved by Max Leuthenmayr and Benito Ghezzo in 1980. The first of a series of projects funded by the Velay family through their Fondation Jean-Barthélemy.