A joint project financed by Venice in Peril, the American-Italy Society, Save Venice, Italiano per Venezia and the Dutch and Austrian Committees
Chinese 18th century Lacquer and Inlay Screen from the collection of Prince Enrico Borbone in the Museo Orientale at Ca’ Pesaro
The rare surviving Veneto-Byzantine church of San Nicolo dei Mendicoli with its richly ornate interior, has been associated with Venice in Peril since 1972.
The earliest free-standing equestrian sculpture in Venice, commemorating the condottiere Paolo Savelli, who died of plague in 1405, during the siege of Padua.
The crucifix dating to 1469 was conserved by Max Leuthenmayr and Benito Ghezzo in 1980. The first of a series of projects funded by the Velay family through their Fondation Jean-Barthélemy.